|Aanhouwen is a work and care centre for mentally and physically handicapped adults in the Helderberg Basin which was established in 1987 with 4 members. Since then it has grown to a maintainable organization with 65 members between the ages of 18 an 66 years, who attend the centre daily.
Around 60% of the members are from underprivileged communities and are transported daily to and from Aanhouwen with transport provided by Aanhouwen vehicles.
Our values and principles are as follows:
• Our organization is based on Christian principles and values.
• We care about each handicapped person and his or her individual needs
• We respect each member, staff member, volunteer and beneficiary.
• Transparency in all management and financial matters.
• Professional and personal service.
Our focus areas:
• To give handicapped adults the opportunity to take part in meaningful activities and to socialize.
• By training and developing skills, to allow the all to be productive in society.
• To create an environment where they are accepted and the quality of life can be improved.
• To create public awareness of the handicapped
• To protect the rights of handicapped persons