Aanhouwen Work and Care Centre was established in 1987. Today Aanhouwen is a multi-cultural and multi-racial work and care centre providing daily for 65 members aged between 18 and 66, with 60% being from previously disadvantaged communities.
The main objectives are to :
- enable mentally handicapped adults to participate in constructive and meaningful activities,
- develop their skills to enable them to be active and productive in the community,
- promote a caring environment for them in order to enhance their quality of life,
- create a public awareness of mentally handicapped people and the issues concerning them, and
- strive for the protection and rights of all mentally handicapped people.
We serve the community of the Helderberg Basin, Western Cape. Our aim is to become a household name in this area
To read more about Casual Day, Click Here...