||Aanhouwen is a work and care centre for mentally and physically handicapped adults in the Helderberg Basin which was established in 1987 with 4 members. Since then it has grown to a maintainable organization with 65 members between the ages of 18 an 66 years, who attend the centre daily.Around 60% of the members are from underprivileged communities and are transported daily to and from Aanhouwen with transport provided by Aanhouwen vehicles.Our values and principles are as follows:
- Our organization is based on Christian principles and values.
- We care about each handicapped person and his or her individual needs.
- We respect each member, staff member, volunteer and beneficiary.
- Transparency in all management and financial matters.
- Professional and personal service.
Our focus areas:
- To give handicapped adults the opportunity to take part in meaningful activities and to socialize.
- By training and developing skills, to allow the all to be productive in society.
- To create an environment where they are accepted and the quality of life can be improved.
- To create public awareness of the handicapped.
- To protect the rights of handicapped persons.